After a cold and dreary winter, there’s no better way to refresh and revive your home than with some spring flowers and plants. A time of rejuvenation and rebirth, spring has an energy and freshness that we all want in our homes as well. After the cleaning, de-cluttering, and packing away heavy blankets, give your home an easy spring refresh by sprinkling gorgeous spring flowers and plants throughout.
Here at Evansville’s top florist shop, Zeidler’s Flowers, we’ve got a few great tips and ideas for breathing new life into your home with spring florals. From sprucing up your hallway, kitchen, bedroom, or bathroom, discover inexpensive and cheery ways to take advantage of all the season of spring has to offer.
Refresh Your Kitchen
An easy way to spring clean your kitchen is to start from the top and work to the bottom. Cabinets, cupboards, and pantries are great starting points. Scrub down the tops and surfaces and eventually make your way to appliances next. Organize as you clean and use natural cleaners like lemon and vinegar for those tough stains.
Renew with Spring Flowers
After a nice spring cleaning, add some fresh spring plants and flowers around your kitchen to liven it up and give it a pop of color. Put one flower each into several small vases and place them on your window sill for a colorful, bright look, or, gather a bunch of flowers and place them in a decorative ceramic teapot for instant charm. Flower and plant types perfect for the kitchen include:
- Peace Lily: An easy-to-care-for plant that is great for air purification
- Carnations: Cheerful, colorful, and symbols of luck and purity
- Tulips: A classic symbol of spring, these buds are vibrant, fresh, and inspire happiness and cheer
- Eucalyptus: Brings a fresh, minty scent to your kitchen & boosts immunity
Revive Your Bathroom
The best place to start in giving your bathroom a good spring clean is to de-clutter and organize all the contents of drawers, countertops, and cabinets. Throw away expired makeup and medicine and keep what you only really use. Next, give the countertops and faucets a good scrubbing with a mixture of lemon and vinegar to get them sparkling again.
Revive with Spring Flowers
Nothing turns a bathroom from boring to elegant like a well-place living plant or vase of fresh flowers. Adding plants to your bathroom makes it a more warm, luxurious, and fresh place to be. Orchids are a great choice for a bathroom plant as they thrive in humid conditions. Other good choices include:
- Daffodils: A wonderful mood-boosting flower to brighten your bathroom, and reduce stress
- Gerbera Daisies: Cheerful and beautiful, daises make everyone smile
- Sunflowers: A vibrant bloom that symbolizes the sun and happiness
- Hyacinths: Fragrant and lovely, a jar of hyacinths adds a touch of elegance and lightness
Refine Your Bedroom
Remove heavy and dark winter bedding and lighten up your bedroom with a nice pastel comforter and something with a floral print. Pristine white bedding is nice too with colorful accent pillows in pale blues and green. After organizing your closet, place an open box of baking soda within to absorb any musty smells. Don’t forget to wash your pillows, too, and clean under the bed.
Refine with Spring Flowers
Rejuvenate your sleeping space with beautiful spring blooms and plants. If you have room, put a palm or snake plant in a well-lit corner of your room to get the benefits of these air-purifying plants. Place colorful flowers in a vase on your dresser or nightstand and be sure to select blossoms that calm and add cheer. Here are a few of our favorite flowers to spruce up a bedroom.
- Sweet Pea: A dainty, yet elegant flower that signifies pleasure and gratitude
- Peonies: Lush and elegant, these bountiful blooms add grace and beauty to your space
- Hydrangea: Full and lovely, these blooms promote peace and calm while boosting your mood
- Orchids: A exotic and elegant flower that symbolizes refinement
Bringing in a little spring is a wonderful and natural way to enjoy the season and give your home a refresh. Fresh flowers and plants have a magical way of transforming the ordinary into the extraordinary. Revive your home and lift your spirits with the best of spring.